Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It is Great to be Eight

 I can't believe that Parker and Kasidee are 8 and baptized!  Of course I was reflecting on their journey, and how hard they had to fight to make it on this earth. 
 I shed a few tears as I thought of their special missions here on this earth that they must need to accomplish.
 And as I peeked over to glance at Mark, I saw that he was shedding a few tears too. 
 We invited some friends over after to help us celebrate the amazing day.
 And you can't celebrate without an ice cream cake and a little ring-around-the-rosie!
 Yes, they all...
 ...fall down!

My dad hasn't been feeling very good on this whole trip.  He has had a bad case of bronchitis, so sad!  He has been a trooper to be dragged here and there, and support his grandchildren on their special day. 
Do you know how hard it is to stick candles in a frozen solid ice cream cake?!?? 
 I was bending the candles trying to push them in...but we succeeded,
 Sang Happy Birthday,
And ended the night visiting with good friends and family.  An end to another good day!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Congrats to Parker and Kasidee on their baptism. I love to see pictures of you in your home - it reminds me of all the wonderful Sunday afternoons I spent with your family.

Cami Eyre said...

SO CUTE!! Those two truly are little miracles...I'll never forget those pictures of them as newborns....look how far they've come! And I can't believe they're 8!?! What a wonderful day for your family.

Lelani said...

Aw, so sorry we missed it. I got teary eyed reading about the baptism. Glad family was there!

Did you get my package? BTW, for frozen cakes, use a wooden dowels to make the holes first.

Marissa said...

I love the first pic...it is too sweet. I starting tearing up just reading your post. Sorry we missed it.