Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fun in DC

 I was so lucky to be able to go to DC and spend a quick weekend with my brother Dustin...isn't he cute!
 We went to Georgetown and ate lunch at this really yummy Greek sandwich and salad place.  If I remembered the name I would tell you, because it is worth going to!
 Putting Dustin in charge of the camera, not a good idea.
 Then we headed to the National Mall, went into the Flight and Space Museum (dad you will love this place) and saw a 3D Imax on the Hubble Telescope (mom you will love this).
 We ran into the Museum of Natural History, saw the dinosaurs, then ran over to the Museum of American History and saw the Star Spangled Banner and the exhibit with all the first ladies' dresses.  By this time I was completely museum-ed out!  I can only take so much.  I am not one of those people who can read every plaque, and look for hours.
 I love how there are people everywhere.  There was a rugby game going on in the square, millions of runners, and of course, lots of tourists.
 Dustin hadn't been over to the Jefferson Monument, so we chose this one to go see.  We had a limited amount of time.
 We caught the Jefferson right at sunset, it was beautiful! 
 Thanks Dustin for a great weekend!  I had so much fun just hanging out with just you, I don't think we have been able to do that in years.
What an amazing city DC is!

3 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

I LOVE DC. We lived there for 2 years! It looks like you had a great trip!!

I'm Kristen said...

This post made me miss my brother! We would love to come to Texas on a visit! But we hear you're moving up here?! p.s. I love your blog and your family! If I had one word to describe it, it would be ~inspiring~!

Lelani said...

Fun!!!! What is this about a move??!!!! Come to Utah!!!!