Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Help please....

To start, this is proof that I don't kill everything I touch. This plant was given to me by a dear friend when Bailey was born...that was almost a year ago. It actually has flowers on it.
Our poor garden is not doing so well. These are my pepper plants, which have done the best.

Our beans are doing OK. Every other bean is wilting...
These are my cucumbers. They used to be a pretty dark green, and now they are whitish and wilty..
Our spaghetti squash is surviving so far...I have heard that they are hearty...it is a good thing!

Our poor zucchini, it got down in to 39 last night, and I woke up to this wilty mess. (Are you getting the theme?)
And I am most sad about my tomatoes. I was so looking to fresh tomatoes this summer, but I don't think it is going to happen. If you have any suggestions, PLEASE HELP!!!

6 comments:

Kara said...

NPK 16-16-16, Epsom salt and gypsum do wonders for the soil.

Take a look at www.foodforeveryone.com and http://mittleidermethodgarden.blogspot.com/.

Water a little bit every day. And pray.

Leslie said...

my suggestion is to call pam walker. she knows all about that stuff.

Pam said...

when it gets down as low as it did last night, wrap you plants beans, tomatoes, peppers with towels to keep them warm. Then they are okay, otherwise they wilt and die.

Alison said...

I saw these tomato "trees" on tv the other day. Basically you plant them upside down and they hang. I am going to try it since I don't have much of a green thumb myself.

Lelani said...

yeah, what Pam said. cover everything. I chose to put my tomatoes in a pot so I could bring them inside. so sorry. also, feed the plants! a good fertilizer does wonders.

Michelle said...

Um Angie, at least you have the garden basics. I need your help!