Monday, October 12, 2009

9-1-1

Our day started at 2:30am, with Addison coughing and coughing and coughing. She was having a hard time breathing too. I took her into the ER and she has croup. This is our first experience with it. It is definitely a little scary.
We got home at about 5:30am and she started coughing all over again once we got home. I dragged a rocking chair in the bathroom and turned on the hot shower and we roasted in the hot steam for about an hour, which seemed to help.
Then at 6:30am everyone else woke up for the day. Parker, Kasidee, and Bailey have been coughing a little bit, so P and K stayed home from school today.
I have been washing EVERYTHING and lysoling EVERYTHING else to try to keep this croup from spreading to everyone in the family.
Kasidee had an accident, and I just got off the phone with a 911 operator who just received 2 calls from this number. (Parker just learned about 911-awesome), and it isn't even noon yet. This day is shaping up to be one to remember!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you poor soul. Think of it this way, it is only noon, but you've been up since 2:30, so that really makes it like 5 or so, so you can go to bed in a few hours. We've tried teaching Kenadi about 911 and she thinks all you have to do is yell 911 and help comes, probably better than an operator calling you to tell you to quit calling them. Good luck and hope everyone gets or stays healthy.

Melissa said...

Ugh! Hope the day gets somewhat better.

Crystal Taylor said...

Yuck! Sick kids are no fun at all. I hope you all get better soon.

A Plane Family Story said...

Sound like it was a rather rough day. I hope that everyone starts filling better very soon. I need to give you my address: 1209 Sparks St N Twin Falls, ID 83301. I need your's to because I have something to send you!!

Brooke said...

hope today is lots better!!!!

Lelani said...

I'm so sorry. All 3 of my kids had croup over and over and over. It was insane. I spent more time in the ER with Christian than at home with him. He eventually grew out of it. I was told that it's related to asthma so kids who are prone to having asthma will get croup a lot. He outgrew croup but needed an inhaler for a few years. And now he's fine. I found that steam worked but so did really cold air as it shrinks the swelling. Can't do that here unless you go to a walk in freezer. lol Vicks helped temporarily too.

Calvert's Calling said...

We have had some scary times w/ croup in the past too. I know the steamy shower in the middle of the night routine!
That's funny about 911. Bella has been talking about that all week too..., they must have learned it at school.