Sunday, August 1, 2010

Boom-a-chick-a-rock-a-chick-a-boom

Do you remember that Girl's Camp song?  I loved sitting around the campfire singing all the goofy songs and chants.  Being a youth leader was the best ever!
My mom won this boat trip at the girl's camp silent auction fund raiser...Go Girls camp!!!
Dustin thought he would be funny, and he threw me out of the boat...so I pulled him in with me, tee-shirt and all. He he!
Everybody got a chance to tube.  I was so impressed with how brave all my kiddos were!





Even Mark braved the tube...the boat wasn't a speed boat, but we still had a good time.

What is it with Brian and the open-mouthed smile?  Is that a missionary thing, or just a Brian thing?

I love this picture of Mark and Parker.  I don't get a non-goofy smile from Mark very often. 

Not a very good pic, but Grandma took all the little monsters out on a raft ride.  She was pretty brave to take everyone!

Bailey liked this a lot!

Not only did everyone tube...everyone had to have a turn driving.  Wow, a lot of memories came flooding back of boating growing up.

I love giving my kids some of the same memories.
Thanks Girl's Camp fund raiser...we really had a good time!

3 comments:

Josh said...

I don't know what you sing at girl's camp, females being differently shaped by nature, but at Scout Camp we sing a "BOOM-a-chick-a-....".
<3 McKay

Rachel said...

Those are some cute pics! Totally jealous, it looked like an awesome day for boating!

Michelle said...

McKay wants you to know, Josh wrote that. Sorry about that. Was that a type-o? :) Let me know what time you come in on Thursday. We are excited to see you all!