Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Memories to Last a Lifetime

 Aunt Gretchen and Uncle Jeff were so nice to offer to host the funnest family night ever!
 Gretchen made enchiladas for the ENTIRE family.  They were so yummy!  I've never had enchiladas like them before.  They were a build-your-own enchilada.  First you put a warm corn tortilla on your plate, then some homemade meat enchilada sauce, then cheese and another tortilla.  You can double stack the base, or continue with the toppings: lettuce, onions, sour cream, cheese...etc.  YUM!
 Then we went outside and Uncle Marc and Aunt Michelle have a tradition of renting a cotton candy machine every Halloween...they brought it to share.  
 As you can guess, it was a big hit!!!
 Even Uncle Mike couldn't help stealing some from little mabel...busted Mike!
 Maybe if I keep posting these crazy pictures of Mark, he will stop making that face every time I pull out the camera!!:)
 The too-cool-for-school teenager table.
 Kas and Lauren enjoying the goods!

 The kids played volleyball in the front yard...

 Aunt Jen had a collection going of all the kids' cotton candy they couldn't finish.

 Oh wait, just kidding, they need more.
 Great Grandma Alice joined in the festivities.  She is amazing at age 
 Wyatt needed a nap...can you tell!?


 Ok, this picture just needed to be saved in the record books!  I took the picture, put the camera down, and caught the ball that Mark just threw at me!  Pretty impressive, if I do say so myself!




 After all the playing, we had everyone gather in their bonus room and had family home evening.  
 Grant told a few stories of his father, and then all the kids tried to fill out a 4 generation family tree.
 I have such good memories of gathering together with all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents on the Gilbert side.  
 We would eat the best food, play, and then gather for Grandpa Jack to give us words of wisdom.
 I teared up a little as we were all sitting there in Jeff and Gretchen's with Grant talking.  I am so grateful to be a part of such an amazing family.  I am so grateful that my kids have these examples around them, and they are gaining these relationships that will stay with them in this life and the next. 
 I am so grateful to live closer so that we can be a part of these priceless family experiences!
Thanks Jeff and Gretchen for hosting!

No comments: