Friday, February 20, 2009

Funny Story

I know I have already posted today, but I had to write this story down before I forgot. (And forgetting is happening faster and faster these days.)
I took all four kids to help me vacuum the car out today. I pulled everyone out, including Bailey and her car-seat, and went over to get quarters out of the change machine.
There were 3 workers who were doing some construction work around the car wash place. I got my change, but they seemed to be talking amongst themselves in hushed tones while looking in my direction.
I didn't think anything of it at the time, I usually get lots of looks and comments with 4 kids...Well, I vacuumed out the car, loaded everyone back in, climbed in the car, and looked in the rear-view mirror...I looked like I had a big shiner on my right eye. I did a double take, and it was mascara. I had run out of the house without even looking in the mirror.
I laughed to myself. Those men could have been talking about the poor lady with all the kids, whose husband beats her. (:
Note to self: Learn Spanish!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You are probably right on the mark with that thought...good thing Mark wasn't with you, they might have said some things!

Suzy Q said...

Come on...we all know Mark beats you. That's nothing new. :) I just can't believe you did that with all 4 kids.

Kara said...

What is it with 5 year olds? They can tell the man ahead of us in the grocery line that he has a wedgie, or his teacher that she has big breasts, or the old lady at church that she has hair on her chin, but they don't say anything when their own mom is looking kinds freaky. I don't get it.

Elise said...

Hilllarious...and something I would do (and may do, who knows). I go out of the house way too often without getting ready or looking in the mirror and I have no business doing so. Maybe I should take a lesson from this ay? What a champ you are though for doing that with all of your kids. I don't even dare go out with two yet!

P.S. Love the comment above...so true.