Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Trip to the ER


Yesterday, Addison climbed up on our bathroom counter. She was playing with my makeup, without my knowledge. I heard a scream and I ran in to find Addison sheet white and holding her head. I think she fell right on her head on the tile.
She calmed down sitting in my lap on the couch, but then she fell asleep. I kept waking her up, and about 40 minutes later she woke up throwing up. I called my dr. and my mom (who is a nurse) and felt that the best thing would be to take her in.
A great neighbor came over to watch the other kids, and then my great brother-in-law came and got them so Mark could come meet us at the hospital. It was a good thing that Mark came, because pregnant women can't go into a CT scan.
Everything came back fine. She just had a minor concussion. She got some anti-nausea medicine, and was much better.
The nurse who was helping us asked us how many kids we have. I told her we had 4, and she asked how I kept track of everyone..."Well, obviously not very well, we are sitting here in the ER!"

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well that makes for an exciting day! Amazing kids don't get concussions more often. Didn't you just tile your bathroom? Too bad it still didn't have carpet in there:)

Michelle said...

Oh poor little Addison. Or poor mommy and daddy. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us (parents). I'm glad she is okay. I love the school pictures. I can't believe how big the kids are..even Kasidee looks so old! Bailey is adorable! I think you made a great decision sending P & K to kindergarten again. You will be glad in the long run.

Angie said...

Yikes! I'm glad she is okay! What an adventure!

Sherry Leal said...

Those are the kinds of things that terrify me when I see Craig climbing on the back of the couch. I just wish we could protect them from all possible physical harm until they're old enough to really understand it. And even then, too.

Bowman family said...

That is so scary! The waiting in the emergency room just adds to the already bad situation, I hope you didnt have to wait long. She is so cute in her picture!

Ashley Ann said...

oh no! she looks pretty proud of her name band ha i'm glad to hear that she's ok! not to long till you get to tell people you have 5 kids :)

Over The Hills said...

All I have to say is thank goodness for Grandma's who call back after getting a call like that to no one answering!!!! Love you Addison and I'll glad everything is good!!! Grandma with more white hair!!

Yasmine said...

Poor girl! I'm so sorry she got hurt and I'm glad she'll be alright.