Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'm Thankful for my Non-Family Family

 Proof that I have the best husband in the world...
 ...15 lbs. of potatoes later, he still loves me!
 Thanksgiving prep...6 batches of rolls...
 What is up with my weird dough-eating kiddos?!?!?  Don't worry, there aren't any raw eggs in this recipe.  But it is still gaggy!  They take after my dad, he likes the dough too.  I guess gaggy-ness is hereditary.
 Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without a little Macy's Parade.
 Parker loved all the floats, Kas loved all the songs.
 Then we went over to our friends house to be with "family."
 Yes, we are wearing short sleeves and shorts on Thanksgiving.  At least we can shove some of the monsters outside to eat.
 So much yummy food to be thankful for.  It's a good thing I ran 5 miles this morning...I get to eat all the pie, rolls, and rainbow jello I can get my hands on!
 I am so thankful for all I have!  I have a great husband, great kids, amazing friends, awesome neighbors, and most of all I have the gospel in my life.  Heavenly Father didn't hold anything back when he was sending blessings my way!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hello...thankful for the most amazing Aunt!!!Now I feel better:}I am so thankful for my mini me too and ...I love the her cute family! By the way I love my scarfs! Especially because it's SNOWING!!!

Erika said...

Looks like fun. Glad it worked out for you guys :) I put Daniel and Bella to the potato job too. Started out with Bella and Juli, but Juli quickly sustained a peeler injury. 10 lbs of potatoes are so much easier to deal with when someone else peels them.