Wednesday, February 23, 2011

40 HOURS of DRIVING with 5 KIDS

Why do you ask, would anyone in their right mind subject themselves to such a thing?  Well I'll tell you...
 Markley's sweet grandmother turned 90 and every cousin, aunt, uncle and Costco cake were going to be their to help her celebrate.  So we took off Thursday to join in the festivities.
(No judging!  You weren't there!  We were in survival mode!) 
We are so glad that we went.  We are so glad that we took our kids with us.  It cost about the same for just Mark and I to fly, or drive and bring everyone....so we loaded up everyone and took a road trip.
 (If you couldn't tell, that is Kas' head and part of Parker's face.  I pointed the camera over my shoulder and snapped a shot.  Not the best, but it had to be documented that they were there with us.)
 The kids did really good.  Mark drove the whole way (he says it is easier than fighting with the kids and climbing back and forth over the seats).  And we consumed more Diet Coke and fast food than should be legal.
 If I have to smell another cheeseburger, or even see another golden arch, I am going to start dry heaving!
Hence, this was lunch today.  I went to the grocery store and bought every vegetable and fruit they had. Just a heads up... Don't go to the HEB near me...they are all out. 

All the party pictures are coming...I still have to collect some from sisters-in-law.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

That is such a long drive! You do what you have to at times. Glad you had fun and glad to have you back!!

Melissa said...

Wow...put that in the record book. Especially because everyone made it back with all their parts. I don't know if I could do that without snapping.

Way to go Ward family!

Karen said...

WOW! I was so impressed with your mothering skills before but letting a mer baby have that big of a diet coke warms my heart! A child after my own heart! SURVIVAL BABY!

Simmons Family said...

So I was light years behind on your blog and just got caught up. You are a blogging gold medalist. Love reading your thoughts on stuff. Glad you guys are back safely and the trip went well. Miss you and need to hang out soon :)

Suzy Q said...

Looking forward to the extended family photos. :) So glad you are back.

Jared told me tonight that not only are we driving up to Utah for the 24th of July he wants to make a side trip to see Mt Rushmore. Sure...what's 10 more hours really!