Friday, February 25, 2011

How long have we lived in Texas?

The other day, this is what I heard come out of this little girlie's mouth:
"Mom, can I sing a song for y'all?"

Y'all?!?!?

Has my little girl turned into a full on Texan?!?!?  It is one thing to type it, write it, text it...but a completely different thing to say it in your everyday speech.  It was pretty funny.  Mark and I looked at each other and tried not to laugh. 
It is crazy to think that we have been here almost 5 years.  In the 10 years that we have been married, we moved 10 times in the first 5 years, and have stayed here for 5 years.  This has really become home, and I'm so glad that my kids are Texans, "y'all" and all.

3 comments:

Lelani said...

no, no. it's all y'alls. :-)

The Marchant's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Marchant's said...

Tom has been home from his missino for 12 years and still says ya'll. Cute Cas.