Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We are the Champions

 Parker's basketball team took first in his division.  Go Bobcats!!!
 They had such a fun season.  The coaches were amazing, the boys all got along great, everyone had a great time.
 The girls didn't do a whole lot of "watching" the games, but they had fun cheering on their brother...most of the time.
 I remember when I played basketball, when I was in 5th grade, I was pretty timid.  (I know, hard to believe.)  I remember my dad telling me, "don't worry about getting a basket, just get a foul this game." (Trying to encourage a little more aggressiveness.  We never had to coax Parker at all. 
 He was pretty much a ball hog.
 Ssswwwwwwwwiiiiiiisssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 Good game, good game, good game, good game....
 WE WON!!!
When we got home, Parker put his trophy on his desk in his room, which happens to be right by the window.  He raised the blinds and told Mark it was so everyone could see his trophy.  He also had to take it to school to show his class.  Pretty funny kid!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Way to go Parker!! Now off to the next sport...baseball! You are going to be a big slugger...I have seen your arms:} Sure love ya buddy!

Marissa said...

Yeah Parker! I love the pic "mid air" pic. So cool!

Brooke said...

Congrats Parker!!

Melissa said...

Yay for Parker! We did basketball this season too, Michael had a lot of fun...and I just about went horse by coaching from the stands....hehehehe

We miss seeing you guys on sunday.

Suzy Q said...

Way to go skinny kid!! That swish shot was the best.

Mom, I think you deserve a trophy too. Tell Mark to go get you one for "Awesomest Mom Ever"