Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Great Muffin Catastrophe of 2011

I decided to be a good mom and make a snack for my kids for after school.  What was I thinking?!?!?
I got the whole batch mixed up, put into muffin papers (because I hate washing muffin pans, so I don't, as you can tell), and then realized that I forgot to put in the eggs!
DANGIT!!!  I didn't have enough papers to throw them away and start over...So I had to scrape the batter out, add the eggs and then try and reuse my papers.  But if you have ever been in this same predicament you would know that muffin papers stretch out.  They don't like to go back to their original little cup selves.  I had a huge mess on my hands.
Meanwhile, I had 3 little monsters, which means 30 little monster fingers, trying to dip into the batter and taste while I was scraping, swearing, globbing, pushing, spooning, slopping...did I mention swearing?!?? (Ok, I really didn't swear, but I wanted to!) 
Oh well, my kids still devoured the muffins after they came out of the oven.  But I now have a years supply of muffin papers in my cupboard, as should you.  You never know when you will forget the eggs and have everything go downhill from there.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I love how in all that chaos you still manage to get some pictures!

Cami Eyre said...

I share your hatred for cleaning the muffin pan...three cheers to cupcake liners! I'm glad you're stocked up now :)

The Marchant's said...

Thanks for the laugh Ang...I love your perspective on life! I call it a win!- No swearing and you still made muffins! Good work!