Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bring out your belt buckles and boots!

I love the rodeo!!!  I love seeing all the cowboys, cowgirls, boots, hats, buckles, horses...Why do I live in the city again?  Oh right, my husband needs to have a job.  (Just a side note, have any of you seen my husband ride a horse, it is pretty funny.  I think the horses can sense...city boy.)
I love my "city boy" by the way.  Growing up on a farm, seeing how hard farmers work, the hours they are gone, I didn't want to be a farmer's wife.  I just miss being around them.
Ok, back to the rodeo. 
I had to take a picture of the kid representing Ellensburg, WA!!!  He earned the highest score of the night too...go WA!
Now this is an event that I love to watch...
If you aren't familiar with it...they let loose 14 calves, and about 30 kids try to catch them.  There are always stubborn calves who don't want to cooperate and determined kids who want the prize!  Good times.
Then after the rodeo, they wheel in the huge stage, and in comes Rascal Flatts!!!
(Thank you lady sitting behind us for snapping a few shots, even though you don't know how to push the button half way down to focus.)
Rascal Flatts was awesome.  They sound even better live than on their albums...you can't say that very often.
Yeah for the rodeo!  I can't wait to go again. 

3 comments:

Ashley Ann said...

I'm jealous! I love Rascal Flatts! Its kind of embarrassing how many of their concerts i have been too :)

Lelani said...

Wah!!! we used to go to rodeo ...

Melissa said...

We love the rodeo too...actually I was there that night with the kids too. RASCAL FLATTS WERE AWESOME!