Monday, March 21, 2011

Beach or Bust!

 We told our kids all spring break that we would go to the beach on Saturday...
(Little sidenote/mom moment:  I can't believe how big this girl is getting.  She came up to me yesterday and told me her goal is to do one nice thing for me every day.  This is the same girl that I almost strangled during piano practice that same day...(Seriously, it almost came to blows.  And Mark was just laughing upstairs. Roar!) But then she totally redeems herself and says something like that.)
 They were so excited...they LOVE the beach!
 Then Mark woke up at 4am throwing up Saturday morning, yuck!  What were we going to do?!?!?  I didn't know if I was brave enough to take the kids on my own.

 Luckily, there was a great group going, so I would have lots of help.  Mark was a good sport and kept Reilynn, and we headed off.
(Another mom moment:  Doesn't this picture make Parker look so old?!?!  Or is it just Parker!?!? Or is it the tattoo on his arm?!? (I'll explain later, it was from the rodeo, another post.)  I love that he still needs me to be at his baseball practices though. He gets misty-eyed if he can't see me close.   He is my sensitive one, which I have to admit, I love.)
We ate nothing but junk, played in the sand, got in the water a little (it was still pretty chilly), and flew kites. We had a really good time.


It made me really excited for summer, I am ready to go back!

4 comments:

Lelani said...

what a sweet post ... we miss you guys terribly. I overheard Dain talking to people telling them about your family and what great friends you are. and would you believe that I never went to the beach there? still not sure why ... I guess going alone was weird. but I should have just gone. your kids are beautiful!

Ashley Ann said...

those pictures of the water are so pretty! I'm sure that it helps your kids are in them but the sky is amazing! I love the pink and blue tones!

Angie said...

Be glad you get those sunny skies and warm weather! Are you coming again this summer? I love it when you are here. We could think of more fun things to do with the kids!

Angie said...

PS See what you can do about bring the beach and warm weather with you!