Thursday, February 3, 2011

Our New Favorite Treat

Actually, it is an old favorite treat.  My mom used to make these for my brothers and me when we were kids.
 Homemade doughnuts...YUM!!!  And they are so easy when you have Pillsbury to help.
 Just take the biscuits, cut out the center with a cookie cutter (I only have hearts that are that small).  Fry them up, using only the good oil of course, so they are good for you!
 Throw the "good-for-you" treats in a bowl of powdered sugar (which has 6 calories less than granulated sugar, so it is also good for you) and Shake Shake Shake Senora.
 YUM!
 My kids love this new/old treat!  It is great for FHE.  Easy, quick, and filling.  The little carton comes with 8 biscuits...one doughnut and heart doughnut hole per person, and 2 for dad, because he needs 2. :)
Thanks mom, you are the best.  By the way, my mom used to bring these camping too.  Throw some oil in the dutch oven and you have a yummy camping treat.  A lot easier than peach cobbler.  Ooh, now I need some peach cobbler.  I have a problem.

5 comments:

Suzy Q said...

And they're "good for you," that's the best part. :))

Unknown said...

That is sucha good idea. What oil did you use? And what temp. do you heat the oil to? I have to try this with the kids this weekend.

Brooke said...

Sounds good!

Marissa said...

These ARE good. My mom made these for us when we were kids but we dipped them in cinnamon sugar. I will have to try the powdered sugar someday soon :)

Lelani said...

ok, I don't buy the good for you part, but they look yummy! I haven't fried anything in years!