Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No bread

 We had been out of bread for about a week.  I just couldn't seem to make it to the grocery store.  Parker and Kasidee were being forced to eat school lunches, which isn't their favorite, but it was only a couple days.
But then Addison needed to have a lunch for preschool, school lunch isn't an option.  So we made PB&J on pancakes.  My kids thought it was the best thing since sliced bread (ha ha ha), and it was an easy fix. 
Mom of the Week Award, right here.  I know, I get the 14 karat plastic trophy a ton.  I will try not to hog it so much, give some other deserving mothers a chance.

7 comments:

Suzy Q said...

What is Parker eating? It looks like it's wrapped in plastic. I do like the pancake sandwhiches idea though. I'll have to try that sometime.

Melissa said...

We use to eat peanut butter and jelly tortillas....actually every now and then I will make them. The kids think it is awesome..of course after they actually tried it.

Amy said...

I laughed so hard when I read this! That is one of my favorite stories :). I am going to have to remember that.

Angie said...

Suzy, that's the pancake sandwich. All wrapped up and ready to go for school.

Suzy Q said...

Awesome! I love the smile on his face. I'm gonna send my kids with a tupperware of cereal one of these days. Then all they have to do is buy some milk.

Marissa said...

Nice! Good thing you are quick and creative!

Unknown said...

What a great idea!