Tuesday, March 2, 2010

it takes a lot to scare me...

...medically, I mean. Between having a nurse for a mom, growing up with 3 brothers, and then everything with Parker and Kasidee, I feel like I have been exposed to quite a bit.
Well, yesterday we went to the doctor because Kas had a sinus infection. We got the Rx we needed and then headed home. As soon as we got home Addison's eyes started getting all "goopy" too. So I put Kas' eye drops in Addison's eyes. HER EYE STARTED TO BLEED!!!
I ran and flushed it out with water and called the doctor right away. We took her in and she has an infection too. The doctor was nice enough to check Bailey and Parker while we were there...and sure enough, Bailey has an ear infection too.
So $50 for Rx and $20 for dinner later, we made it home. I'd have to say, bleeding eyes are a little scary!!!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ummm, what? What would cause her eye to bleed? Is she allergic to the drops or something? I have never heard of that! Yes, that is scary. Poor little Addison.

Angie said...

No, her eye was so inflamed that it burst a blood vessel, and the drops were just flushing everything out. Now you know for the future.

Brooke said...

I'm sorry that happened to her! I would have freaked out about a bleeding eye.

Suzy Q said...

Oh my Word! I would have paniced. I so glad it wasn't anything worse, and the Dr. could fix it with just meds. Dang!

Lelani said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry. that would have scared me also. please, please, let me know if you need me to run errands or run to the store for you!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like something out of a horror movie, the ones I'm to scared to watch. Way to hang in there Angie. Good to know if that ever happens around here.

Melissa said...

Yikes! How did you maintained your composure??

Glad everyone is doing better.

Over The Hills said...

I told you it was just flushing out what was in her eye. Let that be a lesson that mom's know best!!! It would have saved you $$$$. Love you !! Mom