Friday, September 26, 2008

Farm Girl?

Mark asked me when we started dating if I was a "farm girl." I told him I wasn't, my dad isn't a farmer. But I think I need to rethink that...As I was driving on the washboard gravel road to the county fair, I got very homesick! Does that make me a farm girl?We went with Brooke and her two cute kids, Molly and Adam. They all got a kick out of the bunnies. So cute.
The cow behind us was making Brooke pretty nervous. It was eyeing the kids, it definitely didn't look like it liked having the kids close. I also ran the stroller through a pile of cow manure that I didn't see. I don't know if the cows were our favorites.
But the Merry-Go-Round was definitely a hit...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love fairs but they make me very homesick as well! Looks like you guys had fun.

Unknown said...

nothing like good old washboard gravel roads :) fairs...good times

Elise said...

Fun! I had to laugh at the beggining of this because Mark and Shane must have gone over pick-up lines together...One of the first things Shane ever said to me was, "You're a cowgirl, aren't you?" Well, I guess it worked for both of them right? :)

candrkoch said...

Ang, you're a farmgirl, because I remember summertime coming around and you teaching me how to cook squash and how much you were lamenting not having a garden of your own. And I remember pictures of your house -- in the middle of huge fields! But if it makes you feel better, think of yourself as a city-fied farmgirl -- you've got enough 'townsfolk' in you to be savy in both worlds. Great combo, I think! :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are so good.. we have yet to participate in the county fair here! By the way, you are a farm girl, no one else can make a quilt out of jeans like you!