Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike

That is the hurricane that is coming to Houston tomorrow. They are predicting 100-120 mph winds. We have our food storage, water, batteries, cars full of fuel, boards ready for our windows, and our garage is packed full of all our lawn toys. We have not been told to evacuate, and I hope we are ready for whatever comes. It is so strange to see stores empty and gas stations who have run out of gas. It makes the prophet's call to have food storage hit home! Hopefully we won't have any scary storm pictures to post on Saturday or Sunday!

6 comments:

Alison said...

Scary! I hope that you guys are ok. Thank goodness for food storage and emergency preparedness.

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Angie,
You are so sweet for calling me. We are staying and are as prepared as we can think of. I'm sure on Monday we will have a bunch of new things to add to our hurricane must have list. Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you and your little family.

Ashley Ann said...

good lucK! i'm sure you guys will be ok! your in my prayers!

Angie said...

Pretty scary. I have some people in my online class that wrote about it and dismissed themselves from class work because of it. Good luck to you both, Sue told me last night at the football game about you guys, she is worried, you know she loves you! Keep us posted so we know you are okay!

candrkoch said...

Are you alive? Is your house intact? Weren't those pictures recently on your blog of you at the beach in Galviston? Scary!!! I hope you're ok!!!

Yasmine said...

Hope everything is Ok and that all your property survived! Let us know!