Thursday, November 20, 2008

Put the gun down!!!

Today I actually had to tell my 5 year old son to "put the gun down."

We were in the car driving home from the park and Addison started screaming hysterically. When I asked her what was wrong, she said that Parker was shooting her. He had his hands in the shape of a gun and was making the shooting noises while pointing at Addison. She was beside herself! Asking Parker to stop wasn't working, so I had to ask/tell him to holster his gun. Could he be more of a boy?!?!? And I don't think you could find anyone better for a 2 year old poster child than Addison. WOW!!!

4 comments:

candrkoch said...

Ya, my neighbor was over a while ago and when she saw her son shooting one of my boys with his pretend gun, she calmly reminded him that we only shoot pretend people with guns, not real ones. In my mind I thought "Wow - there is absolutely NO way I could enforce that rule at my house." Is it so bad that I let my boys fill each other with (pretend) lead?

Bowman family said...

I think it is in a boys blood. Braeden will make a gun out of a square lego. Can you get hurt from lego lead?

Yasmine said...

Oh my gosh, Hunter has been doing that too! Of course, I blame myself for letting him watch "Pirates of the Carribean" but it's amazing how fast he picked up some of this stuff!

Kevin and Lindsey said...

That is so funny! I can totally picture it! Addisons reaction is equally as funny! We miss your kids!