Sunday, July 10, 2011

Family Reunion 2011...Batters Up!

Here are the first of many family reunion pictures. We all met at a Church Lodge right outside of Cle Elem. It was the perfect place for lots of people to meet, eat tons of yummy food, and share some good times.

Here is my cute little brother and his cute new fiance. They sat and watched while some played a "friendly" game of softball.

What is it that makes people competitive or not?

Why can Mark play a friendly game and not get worked up about winning or losing, but I can get pretty heated about winning. Where did those genes come from?

They came from this side of the family!!!  And this little girl inherited a few of these genes too!

There were no free passes on base...

You had to EARN EVERY BASE whether you were 3...

Or 30.
Addison almost was pegged by a fly ball to center field, then almost pegged again by the throw in from the outfield.  It was a really fun game, but kind of scary at times to have adults and children playing together.
Posted by Picasa
Luckily, no one was hurt, and the game ended with family ties still in tact.

More memories to come.

2 comments:

Sherry Leal said...

We are having a reunion next year, so I will probably be asking you for some ideas...you guys look like you really know how to do it. And it was great to see Shannon! Tell her I say hi and that we might be moving up to Rexburg in the next year so Robert can go back to school. I think I have her email so I'll let her know if/when it happens. Last I heard they were still in Idaho Falls. Hopefully they're still there.

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. I love that picture of Shannon and you.