Thursday, July 7, 2011

Um, Uncle Rob...HELP!!!

I had everything loaded up, I was half way to the airport to pick up Mark, and we were going to head up to Logan to see his sister when...
I got a flat tire on the freeway!!!
I was so mad!  Ok, if I am being completely honest, I cried a little first, then I was really mad.
I had never changed a tire in this vehicle before, I didn't even know how to get the spare down from underneath!
Luckily, there was a "how to" paper for dummies by my jack that was exactly what I needed!

After I called my Uncle Rob, with tears in my eyes and voice, begging him to come rescue me, I got to work.  First things first:  I threatened my children within an inch of their lives if they unbuckled their seat belts and climbed out of the car.  Next, I unloaded the whole platform and back of the expedition, lowered the spare tire, loosened the lug-nuts, and then 2 young boys showed up to rescue the damsel in distress. 
When they realized their damsel was not a young hottie, just an old mother of 5, they were quick to retreat back to their car and drive off.
However, an older gentleman pulled over next and saved the day.  We had the tire changed and everything almost loaded again when my uncle and the UDOT truck, lights flashing, showed up....it was quite the scene!
Never a dull moment in our lives!

1 comment:

Suzy Q said...

Those boys seriously drove away!! I can't believe that. My boys better not ever do that. I'm so glad for you though that there were people to help you in the end. Though from the looks of it you might have accomplished it on your own. :)