Monday, July 25, 2011

San Fran

My parents gave me the best possible gift for my birthday...free babysitting and quality time with my hubby!

After the wedding in Seattle, I flew out and met Mark in San Fransisco.

What a fun city! We went to Ghiradelli Square and had some amazing chocolate, Fisherman's Wharf...yummy fish and chips.

We traveled north to the Muir Woods, thinking we might see a few Redwoods, not so much. It was just a national park with hiking trails and regular trees. I guess for city folk it is a nice retreat, but we didn't spend very long there.

Just enough time for Mark to climb a couple trees.

We were told that we had to go see all the seals at Pier 39...but we hit an off time...there were only 3.

We went south to go to the beach (no pictures included...you are welcome), and stopped along the way to see Apple.

Right by Apple was Winchester House, a house a crazy rich lady built that has over a hundred rooms and stairways that lead no where.

Someone had way too much money and too much time on her hands!

Then the last night we were there, we tried to go to a Giants game, but we didn't realize how popular their game would be. It was a sold out game. They did have standing room only tickets for $40 a person...NO THANKS! I don't even like baseball all that much. So we met up with an old high school friend and her fiance and had dinner.

It was so much fun catching up with Liz and hearing all about San Fran from some locals.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sherry Leal said...

I love visiting that place. When I was a kid we each used to spend a week in the summer at my grandparents house in San Leandro, just on the other side of the bay, and my grandma would take us to see all the sites in the big city. One thing I didn't discover until I was older, though (and maybe they're not there anymore) is a little boat that gives hour-long tours of the bay for only $5. It's called the Emerald Lady and leaves off of Pier 39. Next time you get there, you should see if it's still there. It's a great little ride and you get right up close to the seals and it takes you under the Golden Gate Bridge. Also there's the Jelly Belly factory in San Jose, if you're already there for the Winchester Mystery House. Looks like you had fun! There's just too much to see in one trip.