Friday, August 26, 2011

The Open House

This is where
all the fun
 began!
 Did I just say fun...this zip-line never got old!  This is what the kids were doing while we were busy setting up.
 The zip-line wasn't the only fun ride.
 And this little punk, I take that back...big punk...was doing the tie-you-down-and-string-a-long-line-of-spit-down-and-then-suck-it-back-up-at-the-last-second thing.  Gross!!!
 The open house at my parent's house was an all day event to set up for.
Here is "the man"...


 And here is "the man" with "my man" laying on the back of the 4-wheeler.  They were on a mission to obtain apple bins.
 Mission accomplished!
 Me, Aunt Karen, Lori, and Aunt Peggy.  Poor Aunt Peggy dislocated her finger that afternoon.  The sacrifices we all made for a beautiful open house.  Way to take one for the team Aunt Peggy.
 Can you tell we are related?!?  Funny.


Here I am putting the paper lantern masterpiece together.  It turned out so pretty.  When it got dark and the lights were all twinkly, the lanterns had a soft glow...gorgeous!
 And here is our oompa-loompa worker...we would say, "Put an apple bin here please." And he would reply, without any complaint, "Sure.  And where would you like the next one put?"  What an awesome oompa-loompa we have!
 Here is the sign in table...Didn't it turn out so cute?!  We found all these cute antiques in my grandparent's shed.
 Here is the drink station.
 I think it all came together great.
One more look at my
 paper lantern masterpiece. 
 The gift bench by the sign in table.
 The little girlies taking advantage of the drink station.
 The dessert table, complete with 2 soft serve ice cream machines.
 The cute couple.  Welcome to the family Ash!



My mom and her mom, grandma Taylor.

What a fun night!  I'm so glad I was home to be a part of this special night!

2 comments:

Allieblog said...

You need to go into event planning! Your ideas are so good.I saw a show you need to see- It is called Picker Sisters. They go find old items and make incredible things out of it. Tell me what you think when you see it. Miss you!

Lelani said...

I love it!!! Such a pretty reception and the perfect location.