Monday, June 7, 2010

Am I in the south or what?!?

Mark helped organize a crawfish boil/potato derby race Elder's Quorum party. Oh, and FYI, Mark's potato came in 2nd. It is the car on the far left. He was pretty inventive.
I'll be honest, I wasn't all that excited about going. But it turned out to be a lot of fun.

The crawfish were DISGUSTING!!! You had to pull off the tail, hope their wasn't any orange squishy stuff that looked like poo inside, de-vein, eat a tiny piece of meat, and then start over.
I became a little more desensitized by the end, and it didn't bother me so much, but I still preferred the shrimp. Less work, more meat.

This little cutie got to tag along. She did pretty good. It was way past her bedtime, and she was smiles most of the time.

2 comments:

clgilbert said...

Crawfish boils are one of my favorite things about Texas! I love them!

Over The Hills said...

A little to fishy for me!!!