Wednesday, July 14, 2010

1 mile or 5K?

I would run my 5K a hundred times over before I run another mile with kids and a double umbrella stroller over rocks and boulders!!!!!!!!!
This is me before my first organized run.  It was fun.  We had to climb Mt. Rainier, and then Mt. St Helens (OK, it just felt like it), but I would definitely run another one.

Right after the 5K was the kids "fun run."  I was thinking, one mile, not too bad, I'll just take everyone along in the stroller too...WRONG!!!
It started out on the main road and then turned onto a gravel road.  But this was no ordinary gravel...we are talking boulders.  I literally could not push the stroller, I had to turn it around backwards and drag it over the rocks.  Poor little Reilynn's head was bobbing up and down with every bump.
Bailey and Reilynn were in the stroller until the very end when Bailey wanted to run through the finish line with Kas.  But Addison wanted to be in the stroller the whole time too.  She was crying the whole mile.  At one point I had her on my back, while pushing the stroller.  Awesome!
We finally made it to the finish line (do you see the grumpy face on Addison...yeah.), and then Kasidee fell on the pavement and scratched up her whole knee.  So sad!!!
And then we got a grumpy face from her too...

It took me 30 minutes to run the 5K (which I was so excited about by the way...remember Mt. Rainier!!!), and 23 minutes to do the mile with my kids!!!!  Never again take the umbrella stroller.  Bad idea!

5 comments:

Alison said...

You go girl! Is all I have to say!

Kassidee is still just a tiny little thing isn't she? She and Addison look like they are the same size in the first pic. And they are all super cute. You look great too! Especially for having FIVE little kids. :) Nice job!

MalGal said...

Seriously you are amazing! One day your kids will appreciate your efforts. Way to go on the 30 minutes too! That's really great.
(Michelle, even though I'm signed in as Mallory)

Edwin and Rebecca said...

That is so funny. Good job on the 5K.

Suzy Q said...

Man Alive! That sounds so much like our trip to the "Rodeo." Running/walking/biking with kids is so not worth it sometimes. Especially if YOU are in it for the exercise. Not too many endorphins involved there.

Excellent work on the 5K! I have news on that for you when you get home.

Lelani said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll celebrate when you get back.