Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mark is here!!!

Grandpa, Grandma, and Uncle Brian were so nice to take our kids for a night and let Mark and I play in Seattle.
Mark flew into Portland and then found a ride off craigslist from Portland to Seattle.  I met up with him in Seattle, and we headed off to Pikes Place Market.
Pikes is a huge Farmer's Market...fresh veggies, flowers, fish...
You can't see it very well, but this is one of the fish markets where they throw the fish around. Sadly no one bought fish while we were close by.
I love the smell of the Puget Sound.  The ocean and the fish.  I have good memories of living in Snohomish and going to Whidbey Island and Jetty Island on the ferry boats.
We walked down by the piers too.  It was so pretty!
Then we ate the best fish and chips right on the pier.  I'm sorry, but you can't find better fish, tartar sauce, or cold slaw than in Seattle!  SO GOOD!

I love how many people are walking around too.  It makes it fun, when it is busy with lots of people.  Although, there are some strange people here.  I would have taken pictures if I didn't think they would mug me after.  A little scary.
Then we headed home the next morning.  I had to take a picture of this lake.  We call it tree-stump lake because when it is low, the whole bottom is covered in tree-stumps (original name, I know).  I missed the best shot of the lake because we couldn't pull over, but I still thought it was pretty.
We have been away from mountains for such a long time, both Mark and I were enjoying the Cascades.
This is the east side of Washington.  Dry, desert.  People don't generally think of desert when they think of Washington...but here it is.  This is the Columbia River on the drive home from the airport.

I am so excited to have Mark here with us.  It has been a long 25 days without him!!!

2 comments:

Lelani said...

we love Seattle. it's def one of our favorite cities! last time we went to Hawaii, we had a layover there for several hours so we rented a car and drove to the market and then Queen Anne's Hill (or something like that) for breakfast.

The Marchant's said...

You are such a babe! I miss you guys! Lots of love!
Monica