Saturday, May 15, 2010

culprit captured

I woke up in the middle of the night, a couple nights ago, to Zoe barking.
The rascal that has been crawling around between the floors of our house was finally stopped. We had tried all different kinds of food to try and lure it into the trap, but in the end it was an empty tuna can that did the trick.

Boy was he/she (I wasn't going to get close enough to determine gender) mad!!! He was shaking, biting, pulling on the cage wires to try and get free. I almost felt sorry for the little guy. And then I remembered all the sratching and running across the floors, and the sleepless nights...ok, not so sorry anymore!

Zoe is a good little watch dog. She was going crazy all morning until the pest control people could come haul the critter away.

Thanks Zoe for loving us enough to protect us from a mean pesky raccoon!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I can't believe that was in your house! I'm glad you got rid of it. How creepy.

Edwin and Rebecca said...

That is crazy that a raccoon was running around in your house!! Callie would have love all this excitement.