Friday, May 14, 2010

rewarding

There isn't anything more rewarding than seeing all of your hard work pay off at a recital.
I wasn't sure about teaching my own children lessons. I didn't think they would listen or take me seriously as a teacher. I thought I would hear, "whatever mom," or "that's not how you do it mom," or "I'm not playing that mom," but they have done so good!
They practice every morning before they leave for school. And if we wake up too late and don't get it in, they practice after school.

We have been pretty regular about having their lessons on the same day every week, and making it as much like my other lessons as possible. I think we have only missed one weeks since we have started.

I'm not the only teacher in the house. Parker likes to help Kasidee because he is a little ahead of her in their books. He started a couple weeks before she did. He thinks he is hot stuff!

Addison was a little nervous. I was so proud of her for actually playing her song. The first video was cut short because Mark took a screaming Bailey out into the hall. Luckily a good friend saw the mess and recorded Addison for us. Thanks Suzy!



All of them did such a good job! I love seeing them love and learn the piano. It is such an important part of my life, and it gives me warm fuzzies that it is becoming special to them too.

I can't get Kasidee's video to load. The file is too big, and I don't know how to resize it. If anyone has suggestions I would love them!

2 comments:

Sherry Leal said...

Your videos aren't working. I had this problem, too, when I tried to post one. It just says, "This video is not available." I think it's a blogger.com problem. But good job with the piano players!

Over The Hills said...

I could catch some of the videos. I am so proud of all the hard work. I remember all the mornings and afternoon practices!! I can't wait to here them this summer!! Grandma