Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I hope it works

Any motivation to get the little monsters to help around the house is fine by me.
My neighbor found this cute craft on a blog and wanted to try it. She wasn't very comfortable using tools, so I volunteered to do the prep work. There were 8 kits to make.

Addison and Bailey thought that playing the the sawdust was tons of fun. I have to admit, I like working with wood and playing the the sawdust too! There is something about the smell of pine when you cut it. I think it just reminds me of home.
My family had a wood kit business while I was growing up. I got to spend hours cutting and drilling. I didn't love it at the time, but I miss it.

This is one of my friends. You can do so many different things with the same project. I thought they all turned out very cute!
Now my kids are all ready to work their guts out...RIGHT!?!?!?





8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is sooo cute. I love it. Even if the chores don't get done, you'll have a super cute craft sitting there :)

Jennifer said...

Angie, if you don't quit calling your kids "monsters", I am going to quit reading your blog.

Now then, that said, those are so cute! I need to make something like that for us. Our sticker charts just aren't cutting it. And you are a good little wood worker, yes you are. Cuteness.

We are excited to see you guys soon. Gordon and Mason ask at least once a day how many days are left until all of their cousins are coming. Fun.

Amy said...

Those are adorable! Will you send me the blog so that I can make them?

Angie said...

Here is the site for anyone interested. She has lots of cute stuff!
http://www.howdoesshe.com/chore-chart-for-multiple-kids

Michelle said...

Those are so cute! Do you get super industrious when your husband is out of town?:) Can we have Christmas in July and you can bring me one of those?? Just think, you'll be done for 2010!

Lelani said...

wow, impressive!!!!!!!!!! very cool. you are SO talented.

Leslie said...

super cute, angie! i love it, and way to go on the mad wood working skillz!

Ashley Ann said...

this is so cute! I love it! someday i may have to copy this haha