Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sappy


My wonderful husband, who was VERY missed while he was gone, sent me flowers from Australia. Well they weren't actually from Australia, but you know what I mean.
Mark isn't the sappy traditional romantic. Don't get me wrong, he is very thoughtful in different ways, but flowers are definitely not his thing. I can count on one hand the times I have gotten flowers from him. (Just to remind you, he does other things, I am not complaining!!!)
But these flowers and a note, "I miss you. I love you. Can't wait to come home!!!" made me a little teary. Mark served his mission in AUS, so he was very excited to finally get to go back. I knew I was really missed.

And I had had a little scare when he flew there. I was expecting to hear from him at around 11am my time, and didn't hear from him until 8:30pm. Needless to say, I was starting to panic. The dream that I had had a couple nights earlier, where I was left husbandless with 5 children was becoming a little too real.
Everything was fine. I didn't listen to his itinerary well enough. I didn't even know his airline, so I couldn't check his flight. Not very smart on my part. And he had phone troubles on his end.

So I was a little emotional about this whole trip to begin with.
I know this is a strange thing to blog about, but I want to remember these flowers and this note. So you get to see them too.

No comments: