Monday, May 10, 2010

"I don't want to be a mom!"


Addison: "I don't want to me a mom!"

Me: "Why wouldn't you want to be a mom?"


Addison (with tears in her eyes): "Because then I would have to live in a different house far away."


Me: "Don't worry, we will let you live with us for a long long time."


Addison (completely serious with more tear): "But my toes are growing up."

I hope ya'll had a very nice Mother's Day.
Mine consisted of a husband who got it all wrong...but tried very hard, so it still counts!


And to my mom: I love you so much! Thanks for caring enough to drive 10 hours each way, every other weekend, to help with new twins. Thanks for caring enough to send fun packages every unimportant holiday. Thanks for caring enough to call when I've had a bad day. Thanks for caring enough to send flowers and tell me I'm a good mom when it isn't even Mother's Day. I love you mom!

And to my mother-in-law: I love you too! I couldn't have asked for a better second mom! You are so kind and thoughtful. I have always felt like I was an immediate part of your family when Mark and I got married. Thanks for treating my like one of your own daughters!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I just love kids! Brayden says he doesn't want to get married until I die so he doesn't have to move out :)

Over The Hills said...

OK I couldn't read this without crying!! Sweet daughter's and daughters in law ( which I claim as a daughter) are the love of my life!!!